New site banner

    Share
    avatar
    Shadow
    Admin
    Admin

    New site banner

    Post  Shadow on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:18 pm

    ola

    i got contacted by aik a while ago about possibly getting a new banner for the team site. he's extremely shy so wanted me to ask you if you thank that's ok? if that's ok? you know, if you think that's cool.

    so discuss away, he already has some ideas and a vip, so be sure to leave some suggestions or opinions. i'll be more than happy to ignore them!
    avatar
    Down.
    Supreme Dragondildo Whisperer

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Down. on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:31 pm

    im ok with it, already saw a preview too and i liked it
    avatar
    Rexine❤

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Rexine❤ on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:42 pm

    Sounds cool. Can you post the preview?
    avatar
    Down.
    Supreme Dragondildo Whisperer

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Down. on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:43 pm

    Rex Racer wrote:Sounds cool.  Can you post the preview?
    no! Suspect
    avatar
    Kazh21
    Admin
    Admin

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Kazh21 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:19 am

    Sure, I'm up for it. Very Happy
    avatar
    cox
    Cardinal Mix Master of Aurora Racing

    Re: New site banner

    Post  cox on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:48 am

    Sounds like a good idea Smile
    avatar
    Aikon
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Aikon on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:22 am

    Here's a quick preview that I made in 5 mins, just to show you the idea: http://s11.postimg.org/6n39uhsib/aurora_logo_wip.jpg

    The basic elements are the aurora in the background, the logo and the team car. Maybe gonna add more than one car on both sides.

    Any thoughts about the concept? Anything I should add there? I'm open for ideas Smile

    The actual banner will take a couple of hours to make, I'll most likely make a video of the whole process.
    avatar
    Nattfödd
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Nattfödd on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:52 am

    1. What if we use black background to the left and right for a piece of stadium and a sliding car, maybe zoomed in from the back
    2. What do you think about slightly bigger font (1pt) to make alignment of "racing" to R that it won't be too close to the right edge? Or just reduce spacing between aurora and racing?

    FYI: I'm not trying to critisize, I'm giving out my ideas and overall vision Smile Doing it because I like it and care
    avatar
    Liszt

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Liszt on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:30 pm

    What about the lambda and backwards R in the AURORA RACING part?

    λURORA яACING for example.

    Obviously with a larger я.


    Looks nice though.
    avatar
    Nattfödd
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Nattfödd on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:09 pm

    Liszt wrote:λURORA яACING for example.
    I'll definitely have hard times reading team name if you decide to use cyrillic letter Я Smile yaacing! Razz
    avatar
    Shadow
    Admin
    Admin

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Shadow on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:50 pm

    Nattfödd wrote:
    Liszt wrote:λURORA яACING for example.
    I'll definitely have hard times reading team name if you decide to use cyrillic letter Я Smile yaacing! Razz

    not to discriminate our russian part of the community, but i don't think that'll be a major issue Very Happy
    avatar
    rachel_bilson
    Birthday General

    Re: New site banner

    Post  rachel_bilson on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:03 pm

    is a gif also an option?
    avatar
    Kazh21
    Admin
    Admin

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Kazh21 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:19 pm

    Aikon wrote:Here's a quick preview that I made in 5 mins, just to show you the idea: http://s11.postimg.org/6n39uhsib/aurora_logo_wip.jpg

    The basic elements are the aurora in the background, the logo and the team car. Maybe gonna add more than one car on both sides.

    Any thoughts about the concept? Anything I should add there? I'm open for ideas Smile

    The actual banner will take a couple of hours to make, I'll most likely make a video of the whole process.

    You might want to wait for the new skin
    Wink Wink Wink *hint* *hint* *hint*
    avatar
    Down.
    Supreme Dragondildo Whisperer

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Down. on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:34 pm

    Kazh21 wrote:
    Aikon wrote:Here's a quick preview that I made in 5 mins, just to show you the idea: http://s11.postimg.org/6n39uhsib/aurora_logo_wip.jpg

    The basic elements are the aurora in the background, the logo and the team car. Maybe gonna add more than one car on both sides.

    Any thoughts about the concept? Anything I should add there? I'm open for ideas Smile

    The actual banner will take a couple of hours to make, I'll most likely make a video of the whole process.

    You might want to wait for the new skin
    Wink Wink Wink *hint* *hint* *hint*

    R.I.P. Sad Laughing
    avatar
    Rexine❤

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Rexine❤ on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:14 am

    In either case of skins, I think it'd be cool if you did some kind of shadow or highlight effect beneath the cars to create a kind of illusory podium.
    avatar
    Aikon
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Aikon on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:07 pm

    Nattfödd wrote:1. What if we use black background to the left and right for a piece of stadium and a sliding car, maybe zoomed in from the back
    2. What do you think about slightly bigger font (1pt) to make alignment of "racing" to R that it won't be too close to the right edge? Or just reduce spacing between aurora and racing?

    FYI: I'm not trying to critisize, I'm giving out my ideas and overall vision Smile Doing it because I like it and care

    1. Good idea, I think the stadium background + some auroras would look nice.
    2. Yeah just quickly placed the text there, gotta tweak it. The font will change.

    Like I said, all the ideas (and critique) are welcome, it's our team banner after all Smile Just wanna try and make a new one and if you guys like it, you can use it.

    Liszt wrote:What about the lambda and backwards R in the AURORA RACING part?

    Gonna try that too, at least with the backwards R. Thanks

    rachel_bilson wrote:is a gif also an option?

    Well I can make gifs, but the quality isn't that great and the file size would get pretty big. Did you have something in mind?

    Kazh21 wrote:You might want to wait for the new skin
    Wink Wink Wink *hint* *hint* *hint*

    Any idea when it would be ready? Very Happy Talked with Down earlier and he said the blue skin (ATM used in the preview) and red skin are the most used skins.
    I can wait, not in a hurry at all and just gathering ideas here.

    Rex Racer wrote:In either case of skins, I think it'd be cool if you did some kind of shadow or highlight effect beneath the cars to create a kind of illusory podium.

    Will add shadows, highlights and other effects to the cars (and logo) to make them blend/stand out better when I actually start working on the banner. Not sure if it'll be what you meant with "illusory podium", but the cars will look much better then Razz
    avatar
    Rexine❤

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Rexine❤ on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:12 pm

    Aikon wrote:
    Rex Racer wrote:In either case of skins, I think it'd be cool if you did some kind of shadow or highlight effect beneath the cars to create a kind of illusory podium.

    Will add shadows, highlights and other effects to the cars (and logo) to make them blend/stand out better when I actually start working on the banner. Not sure if it'll be what you meant with "illusory podium", but the cars will look much better then Razz

    Not exactly, but that sounds good too Razz.  This is what I was talking about, but without the mess:

    avatar
    Aikon
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Aikon on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:40 pm

    Rex Racer wrote:
    Not exactly, but that sounds good too Razz.  This is what I was talking about, but without the mess:



    Still not sure what you mean by that Razz the shadows underneath the car? Anyways I'll try my best to please everyone Smile
    The quote isnt working for some reason...


    Kazh fixed it for you
    avatar
    Kazh21
    Admin
    Admin

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Kazh21 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:43 pm

    [quote="Aikon"]

    Kazh21 wrote:You might want to wait for the new skin
    Wink Wink Wink *hint* *hint* *hint*

    Any idea when it would be ready? Very Happy Talked with Down earlier and he said the blue skin (ATM used in the preview) and red skin are the most used skins.
    I can wait, not in a hurry at all and just gathering ideas here.
    [\quote]

    I try to finish it this week Smile
    avatar
    Kazh21
    Admin
    Admin

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Kazh21 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:34 pm

    Kazh21 wrote:
    Aikon wrote:

    Kazh21 wrote:You might want to wait for the new skin
    Wink Wink Wink *hint* *hint* *hint*

    Any idea when it would be ready? Very Happy Talked with Down earlier and he said the blue skin (ATM used in the preview) and red skin are the most used skins.
    I can wait, not in a hurry at all and just gathering ideas here.
    [\quote]

    I try to finish it this week Smile

    I won't be able to make it this week. Creativity isn't flowing that well, and I don't want to force anything mediocore-ish.
    avatar
    Down.
    Supreme Dragondildo Whisperer

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Down. on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:23 pm

    Kazh21 wrote:
    Kazh21 wrote:
    Aikon wrote:

    Kazh21 wrote:You might want to wait for the new skin
    Wink Wink Wink *hint* *hint* *hint*

    Any idea when it would be ready? Very Happy Talked with Down earlier and he said the blue skin (ATM used in the preview) and red skin are the most used skins.
    I can wait, not in a hurry at all and just gathering ideas here.
    [\quote]

    I try to finish it this week Smile

    I won't be able to make it this week. Creativity isn't flowing that well, and I don't want to force anything mediocore-ish.
    take some LSD or something to let it flow
    avatar
    Aikon
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Aikon on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:47 am

    Well either you try the LSD like Down suggested or then you'll just take your time finishing the skin Smile

    Just take your time man Smile
    avatar
    drhugs

    Re: New site banner

    Post  drhugs on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:21 pm

    I vote for LSD !
    avatar
    Aikon
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Aikon on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:41 am

    Hey guys Smile Haven't forgotten this one. Been waiting for the new team car, but now I've decided that I'll do the 1st version without the car.

    Could someone please post a nice screenshot of the game that I could use as the base of the background? Something that fits the team well and has the element of FS in it. You know Razz Not sure how much of it will be actually seen in the final version of the banner, but it will be the whole base of it.

    avatar
    cox
    Cardinal Mix Master of Aurora Racing

    Re: New site banner

    Post  cox on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:00 am

    Aikon wrote:Hey guys Smile Haven't forgotten this one. Been waiting for the new team car, but now I've decided that I'll do the 1st version without the car.

    Could someone please post a nice screenshot of the game that I could use as the base of the background? Something that fits the team well and has the element of FS in it. You know Razz Not sure how much of it will be actually seen in the final version of the banner, but it will be the whole base of it.


    I actually thought about asking how this was comming along the other day- but got sidetracked and forgot Smile I'll admit i'm kinda looking forward to seeing how and what it's gonna look like Smile

    Sponsored content

    Re: New site banner

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:53 am